I have not posted since May 5-yikes! Maybe I needed some air.....I post most days to Facebook-so if you are missing me here-pop over to Facebook and see what I am doing....okay?
I saw a cute idea by Keren Dukes of Free Pretty Things over on Pinterest with a balloon and the caption I need some air-and I knew instantly it would make a great Father's Day card.
I decided to carve my own greeting using the Stampin' Up! Undefined stamp carving kit-it was so easy-I wanted the greeting to look out of breath-I think I got that look! I need a running shoe for a card-so I will be carving that next-yikes, I might be hooked on carving.
The balloon is tucked in the pocket-before you tuck it in, you blow the balloon up a bit, write your message on it, and deflate the balloon. So the recipient will then need to blow up the balloon to read the message. I would suggest you make sure the ink does not come off-I tried a few kinds of pens and markers and then tried our new alcohol based markers and that stayed on!
I struggled a bit with this card-there was too much plain space and I finally settled on the buttons-guys have buttons on their clothes, so buttons work on guy cards!
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler
- Stamps: Undefined Stamp Carving Kit-so stamp by Colleen
- Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (it's on sale until tomorrow night)
- Tools: Envelope Punch Board, Big Shot, Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Circles Framelits, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Paper Trimmer
- Embellishments: Neutrals and Regals Designer Buttons
- Adhesives: Stampin Dimensionals, Glue Dots, SNAIL
- Other: Balloon